UNBELIEVABLY CREAMY AVOCADO SPAGHETTI
Vegetarian Pasta with Simple, Fresh Ingredients
Take a couple avocados, some fresh basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Then, just throw it all into a food processor and let it ride. Mix with some sweet cherry tomatoes and perfectly cooked spaghetti and get ready to smile!
Yield 4 servings | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes
- 12-ounces spaghetti
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook spaghetti in salt water according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, and halved cherry tomatoes.
Adapted from http://damndelicious.net/2014/06/20/avocado-pasta/
PORTOBELLO TOFU FAJITAS
While you are downing/smashing your protein shake after a workout, you can whip up these healthy”fa-gi-tas” fast. I like to use Vidalia onions and coconut oil for a hint of sweetness, which complements the spiciness/saltiness nicely.
Health Benefits of Portobello Mushrooms
Portobellos have a balance of protein and carbs, and they are low in fat. They have a moderately high amount of fiber.
Fiber is a key substance for controlling cholesterol and blood-sugar levels.
It also has a filling effect on the body, which is beneficial for weight maintenance.
Portobello mushrooms contain moderate amounts of B vitamins.
This helps with red blood cell formation, nervous system function, and energy production.
Among all natural food sources, mushrooms are the only ones containing selenium, a compound necessary for the proper function of the thyroid and male reproductive systems.
Carbs: 31 | Fat: 15 | Protein: 18.5 | Calories: 335
Yield: 4 servings
- 3-4 large Portobello mushrooms
- pound extra-firm tofu
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 Vidalia onion
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning (see below)
- 1/2 lime, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (for the pan)
- ¼ cup chili powder
- ¼ cup cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. oregano leaf (or oregano leaf powder)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- ¼ cup Himalayan salt or sea salt (optional)
- Remove stems of mushrooms, wipe tops clean, and cut into thick slices.
- Thinly slice bell peppers and onion.
- Mix together taco seasoning ingredients by simply shaking well in a jar.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add coconut oil, peppers, and onions.
- Toss in the tofu.
- Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and 1 tbsp. taco seasoning.
- Stirring occasionally, cook another 7-8 minutes or until softened.
- Squeeze 1/2 lime (or more) into the pan, add salt, and stir.
- Turn off heat.
- While the veggies are cooking, prepare your toppings of choice.
- Warm the tortillas if desired.
- Serve with cilantro and toppings of choice.
Chris Willitts (creator of V3), is the founder and owner of Vegetarian Bodybuilding.
V3 Vegetarian Bodybuilding System is a mixture of science and author’s advice, providing users with optimal diet and exercise. This system is designed for vegans and vegetarians only.
A lot of research has been put in this program. Furthermore, a lot of professional bodybuilders and athletes tried and tested the program, praising its progressiveness and efficiency.
The program is about taking control of your own body and health according to your potential and needs. And worry not; you’ll get plenty of proteins with this system. It will boost you with energy, and you’ll feel just a strong as any carnivore would (perhaps even stronger, depending on how much you invest in your exercise). It avoids vitamins deficiency and provides you with a lot of proteins, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Instead of saying things like “I think a plant-based diet is good for athletes and bodybuilders,” the V3 Vegetarian Bodybuilding System claims “I know a plant-based diet is good for athletes and bodybuilders, and I have results to prove it.”
To find out more, visit the website at V3 Bodybuilding – High-Protein Low Fat Vegan Recipes for Building Muscle