Click HERE to Find Out How You Can Build Muscle & Lose Fat By Eating Plants
VEGAN STUFFING CAKES FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
To be honest, I’m not a big fan of stuffing but I have to say these are pretty tasty. Also, these are great to eat throughout the holiday season, not just Thanksgiving.
Vegan Stuffing Cakes Recipe
- 8-ounce package Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Classic Stuffing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks organic celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons organic flax seed meal
- 4 tablespoons organic coconut oil*
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon organic garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon organic sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
*You can also refer to this resource: Vegan Baking Substitution Guide
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Heat olive oil in a large (4-quart) saucepan over medium-high.
- Add celery, and salt and saute, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in stuffing mix and herbs until well combined and then begin stirring in stock a little at a time until a moist but firm consistency is achieved.
- Whisk flas seed into melted coconut oil/butter, drizzle over mixture, and stir to completely incorporate.
- Divide into 8 equal scoops on prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten each into a 3/4-inch disk and bake for about 15 minutes or until set and enticingly crispy on the exterior.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Inspired by The Blooming Platter
ROASTED CHICKPEA GYROS
This is simple and delicious Mediterranean-inspired roasted chickpea wrap with refreshing tzatziki sauce.
Serving size: 1 gyro (1/4 recipe)
- 1 15 oz can (425 g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed (1 ½ cup soaked chickpeas if starting from dry)
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (6.8 g) paprika*
- ½ Tbsp (3.4 g) ground black pepper
- ¼ Tbsp (1.7 g) cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp (1.4 g) salt
- 4 pita flatbreads
- 1 cup (250 g) tzatziki (click here for recipe, use ⅓ recipe if you’re just making it for these gyros)
- ¼ red onion, cut into strips
- 2 lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Pat dry chickpeas with paper towel, removing any skins that may come off.
- Gently toss chickpeas with oil, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Spread chickpeas onto a greased rimmed baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees F (200 C) for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned but not hard.
- Spread some tzatziki onto one side of the pita, then sprinkle in ¼ of the chickpeas and add veggies. Fold in half and enjoy!
*If you don’t like spicy foods, halve the amount paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Taste a chickpea before baking and adjust flavors as needed.
If your pita breads crack when you fold them, cover them with a moist paper towel and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. Assemble your sandwich immediately after microwaving.
Recipe adapted from Live Eat Learn.
To get more vegan recipes for athletes, watch this video – HIGH PROTEIN VEGAN MEALS | 5 Recipes = 173g Protein
Chris Willitts (creator of V3), is the founder and owner of Vegetarian Bodybuilding.
V3 Vegetarian Bodybuilding System is a mixture of science and author’s advice, providing users with optimal diet and exercise. This system is designed for vegans and vegetarians only.
A lot of research has been put in this program. Furthermore, a lot of professional bodybuilders and athletes tried and tested the program, praising its progressiveness and efficiency.
The program is about taking control of your own body and health according to your potential and needs. And worry not; you’ll get plenty of proteins with this system. It will boost you with energy, and you’ll feel just a strong as any carnivore would (perhaps even stronger, depending on how much you invest in your exercise). It avoids vitamins deficiency and provides you with a lot of proteins, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Instead of saying things like “I think a plant-based diet is good for athletes and bodybuilders,” the V3 Vegetarian Bodybuilding System claims “I know a plant-based diet is good for athletes and bodybuilders, and I have results to prove it.”
To find out more, visit the website at V3 Bodybuilding – Vegan Recipes for Athletes
One Reply to “2 Vegan Recipes for Athletes to Build Muscle and Lose Fat”