Click HERE to Find Out How You Can Build Muscle & Lose Fat By Eating Plants
MUSHROOM AND BLACK BEAN VEGETARIAN MEATBALLS
Sometimes I throw these vegetarian meatballs into a sub and smash it after a hard workout!
You may be surprised by how good black beans are for your health.
Just a half-cup of black beans contains six grams of dietary fiber with less than a gram of fat and no cholesterol.
These are quite filling without the fat (and lethargy) of eating beef meatballs.
Here’s a link to a vegan meatball recipe as well.
Yield: Makes approximately 6-8 “meatballs”
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. of shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 organic farm fresh egg
- 1/2 cup of gluten free Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 tsp. of ground sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place black beans, mushrooms, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper and seasonings into large bowl. Mix* thoroughly.
- Coat muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Roll mixture into balls and place in muffin tin.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes. Be careful not to let them dry out.
- Remove from oven and serve with marinara sauce.
*The interior texture can get mushy if the mushrooms or black beans contain too much liquid. Be sure to drain all ingredients thoroughly before mixing.
GLUTEN-FREE ASIAN QUINOA WRAPS
Here at Vegetarian Bodybuilding.com we have a lot of love for quinoa because it is one of the rare vegan sources that carry a complete protein profile. And frankly, it tastes pretty damn good and is very filling. Once you have some cooked quinoa on hand, you can whip these up faster than PB&J.
*Recipe contributed by Madeleine Orellana. Photo by Rachael Braun.
Makes: 3 wraps
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons vegenaise
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (make sure it doesn’t contain any type of added grain such as barley malt)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of your choice (gluten free options: Sriracha, Franks Red Hot sauces, Cholula hot sauce), more or less to taste
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari to taste (gluten free options: Tamari soy sauce, San-J soy sauce, Kikkoman soy sauce, Eden organic soy sauce, La Choy soy sauce, Wan Ja San soy sauce)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 3 large wraps, preferably brown rice, spinach (gluten free options: Rudi’s gluten free tortillas, La Tortilla Factory, Toufayan gluten free wraps, French Meadows gluten free tortillas, Engine 2 Tortillas)
- 4 cups arugula, baby spinach, or mixed baby greens
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, grated or finely diced
Combine the cooked quinoa, vegenaise, rice vinegar, hot sauce, and scallions in a mixing bowl and stir together well. Drizzle in a little soy sauce, just enough to add subtle flavor.
Dollop 1/2 cup of the quinoa mixture onto center of the wrap and top with a good handful of the greens, a quarter of the avocado, and a quarter of the carrots. Roll and cut in half. Repeat with remaining wraps.
To get more plant-based recipes for athletes, watch this video – VEGAN MEAL PREP FOR MUSCLE | EASY HIGH PROTEIN MEALS
Chris Willitts (creator of V3), is the founder and owner of Vegetarian Bodybuilding.
V3 Vegetarian Bodybuilding System is a mixture of science and author’s advice, providing users with optimal diet and exercise. This system is designed for vegans and vegetarians only.
A lot of research has been put in this program. Furthermore, a lot of professional bodybuilders and athletes tried and tested the program, praising its progressiveness and efficiency.
The program is about taking control of your own body and health according to your potential and needs. And worry not; you’ll get plenty of proteins with this system. It will boost you with energy, and you’ll feel just a strong as any carnivore would (perhaps even stronger, depending on how much you invest in your exercise). It avoids vitamins deficiency and provides you with a lot of proteins, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Instead of saying things like “I think a plant-based diet is good for athletes and bodybuilders,” the V3 Vegetarian Bodybuilding System claims “I know a plant-based diet is good for athletes and bodybuilders, and I have results to prove it.”
To find out more, visit the website at V3 Bodybuilding – Plant-Based Recipes for Athletes
4 Replies to “2 Plant-Based Recipes for Athletes to Build Muscle and Lose Fat”