Reverse Your Arthritis Without Drugs – These Foods Beat Arthritis
A new study by researchers from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine published in the journal Frontiers – Nutrition concludes that it doesn’t have to be this way.
The team performed a review of existing studies and found that a surprising (and controversial) diet that could reverse your arthritis without drugs.
From the majority of existing studies, they concluded that diets that contained a lot of meat and dairy were the most likely to cause inflammation.
C-reactive protein, one of the chief contributors to inflammation, was found to be much higher in people who consumed meat and dairy than in people who did not.
Secondly, with the exception of fish, olive oil, and avocado, excessive fat consumption worsens inflammation and arthritis symptoms. A lot of the fats in the typical Western diet come from meat, dairy, and eggs, proving why plant-based diets help.
Of course, this is not always true. If you turn vegan but load your diet with vegetable oils, your arthritis symptoms will remain.
Thirdly, people who consume plant-based diets lose more weight and maintain a healthier weight than those who eat animal-based foods. This reduces the weight they load on their joints, which prevents them from deteriorating as fast as those of overweight people.
But it is not necessarily true in all cases. A vegan diet filled with white bread and other refined grains will not result in weight loss.
Also, because of all the vegetables and whole grains, plant-based diets contain more fiber and other nutrients compared to the typical Western animal-based diet. This is great for cultivating a great variety of gut bacteria which, while sounding gross, is precisely what you want.
Finally, the studies revealed people who ate mostly plants suffered from a lot less pain than people who consumed animal-based products, which could have been due to the reduction in inflammation .
Reverse Your Arthritis Without Drugs – 8 Foods that Reverse Arthritis
Two Indian researchers have just published a study in the journal Frontiers in Nutrition that reviews hundreds of previous studies on food chemicals and foods that relieve arthritis.
It pinpoints 8 types of food that have been scientifically proven to drastically improve (even heal) arthritis.
According to them, the existing research backs the following foods for arthritis relief:
- Whole grains like barley, canary seed, corn, fonio, millet, oats, rye, sorghum, whole wheat, and wild rice. These contain lots of fiber, antioxidants, phytic acid, vitamin E, and selenium, all of which have been found to have anti-inflammatory properties.
They must be whole grains, however. Refined grains from which the bran and germ have been removed, leaving only the endosperm, have almost no nutritional value.
- Vegetables of pretty much any form.The study does not list specific vegetables, but states that the research backs the effectiveness of a vegan diet for arthritis remission, especially if it is preceded by a one-week fasting diet during which you consume only vegetable broth, herbal teas, and vegetable juice. If this sounds too unpleasant, they do mention that vegan diets alone have a lot of research behind them, so dive straight in.
- Fruit contains plenty of phytochemicals that can fight off inflammation and regulate your immune system, like Anthocyanins, Resveratrol, Mangiferin, Kaempferol, p-Coumaric, bromelain, and various other polyphenols.
You can find large amounts of these in dried plums, black grapes, mangoes, grape fruit, oranges, apples, tomatoes, pineapple, and freshly home-squeezed orange juice without sugar.
- Legumes for the fiber they contain, but especially soybeans. The latter contains a substance called Genistein, which regulates your immune system so inflammation cannot get out of control.
- Spices, especially cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, and curcumin .
- Tea, and especially green tea. The latter is abundant in a substance called Epigallocatechin-3, which has been found to be effective against everything from neurodegenerative diseases to arthritis.
- Probiotics and prebiotics. Probiotics are plentiful in any fermented or bacteria-enhanced foods like yoghurt, sauerkraut, kefir, buttermilk, soy sauce, tempeh, miso, and blue cheese, while you can find prebiotics in whole grains and legumes. These seem able to reduce oxidative stress and inflammation and thereby joint stiffness and pain.
- Essential Fatty Acids like Omega-6 and Omega-3 oils.For a good omega-6 oil, the study suggests Borage seed oil which has successfully been tested on arthritis patients, probably because it is the best form of gamma-linolenic acid. Black currant seed oil contains both Gamma-linolenic acid and omega-3, and has also proved effective, while fish oil is the old stand-by for fighting oxidative stress and inflammation.
Reverse Your Arthritis Without Drugs – This Power Food Cures Arthritis and Type 2 Diabetes
There is no plant like this one. It can be used to improve all diseases. You can make cream out of it to apply to skin or a tasty juice that works better than most medicine.
It’s also extremely easy to grow. You hardly ever have to water it. Or if plants are not your thing, you can find its gel in every health food store.
Although aloe vera contains 99% water, the 1% left includes two extremely powerful healing substances. Glycoprotein stops inflammation and pain while polysaccharides speed up cell recovery and repair.
Preparing aloe vera is easy. Cut off one leaf, slit it open sideways, and squeeze out the gel. That’s it.
For external use, apply the gel directly to the painful area. There is no risk of side effects when it is used like this.
As a drink, add a scoop of aloe vera gel into fruit juice and mix well in a blender. Start out with a tiny scoop to see how it affects you. Some people experience a drop in blood sugar, diarrhoea, and other side effects when used internally.
Side effects for one person but heaven-sent results for another. A drop in blood sugar is exactly why aloe vera is considered incredible for type 2 diabetes. Again, be careful to start slowly as this is a powerful plant.
For more ideas to reverse your arthritis without drugs, watch this video – Rheumatoid Arthritis: HEALED FROM RA NATURALLY … inspirational story
If aloe vera is not enough to cure your arthritis and you want to reverse your arthritis without drugs, here are other steps I took to reverse my long lasting, crippling arthritis permanently…
If you’re suffering from type 2 diabetes, here is a 3-step strategy to get type 2 diabetes under control – starting today…
This post is from the Arthritis Strategy Program. It was created by Shelly Manning, a former arthritis sufferer and a health consultant.
A Brief Background on the Author
Like you, Shelly Manning also suffered from arthritis, particularly osteoarthritis. This was due to her weight and desk job. Her condition eventually took a toll on her relationship with her (former) husband.
It was when she went to Hong Kong that she met Janerdquo, an old woman who owned the restaurant where she ate. Janerdquo supposedly offered her a bowl of a weird-smelling soup, which helped ease her joint pain. She ate there each day for 10 days until she was completely healed from arthritis.
Shelly Manning decided to research this natural remedy and to create a step-by-step treatment plan to others who are suffering from different types of arthritis, such as gout, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, and psoriatic arthritis.
That’s why she created “The Arthritis Step By Step Strategy.” According to her claims, this unique strategy will get rid of joint pain and stiffness, repair your damaged joints, and treat the underlying cause of your arthritis.
Shelly teamed up with Christian Goodman, the owner of Blue Heron Health News, a publishing company that aims to help people to take responsibility for their own health by using natural health alternatives for preventing arthritis in fingers and knees naturally.
To find out more about this program, go to Reverse Your Arthritis Without Drugs