Click Here to Find Out How to Naturally and Permanently Cure Leaky Gut Syndrome
6 Reasons Your Gut Should Avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup
I spent my night out with my family and my 2 year old son going door to door collecting leaky gut promoting high fructose corn syrup ridden candy. That festive candy is worse for your health than you probably thought.
Yes, I am quite the health nut but that doesn’t mean that I don’t want my son to enjoy on all the fun holidays or festivities. So last night I wanted to keep my little “organic free-range chicken” up to par with organic standards which isn’t easy on a night where all regards for health are tossed out the window.
But as you can see, I also couldn’t resist dressing him up in an adorable costume and taking pictures to use as blackmail for a little later in life.
Of course my little chick wanted candy of his own just like all the other kids but I came prepared. To avoid all that high fructose corn syrup, I emptied some wrappers from some of the more popular candies and filled them with more health healthy candy alternatives like organic macaroons and dates which contain only all natural ingredients. When he wanted a piece of candy, I made sure he got one of my special treats. The best part was he never knew the difference.
Whatever you did last night is in the past (including eating all that festive candy!). Do yourself, your kids, and your leaky gut a favor and toss out whatever festive candy you might have left and replace it with a healthier alternative like I mentioned above.
Regardless of what festival, you should cut all processed candy out of your diet.
6 Reasons Why You and Your Leaky Gut Should Stay Away from High Fructose Corn Syrup
1. It travels straight to the liver where it is metabolized directly into fat. In fact, it converts to fat more than any other sugar.
2. A recent study found evidence that it contributes to the development of diabetes.
3. It causes you to eat more, consume more calories, and gain weight because it does not stimulate production of the hormone leptin which works to regulate your appetite and signal to your brain that you are full.
4. It is highly processed and contains no enzymes, vitamins, or minerals. Instead it strips your body of these much needed micro-nutrients.
5. The fructose in high fructose corn syrup is not the same as fructose in fruit. It is chemically altered and the body doesn’t even recognize it as a food. Also, it is almost always made out of genetically modified corn.
6. It has been shown to increase osteoporosis, tooth decay, anemia, osteoarthritis, and many other leaky gut symptoms.
Do yourself a favor and ditch those festive candy filled with high fructose corn syrup. There are tons of healthier alternatives that will leave you more satisfied and healthier in the long run.
Watch this video – How the food you eat affects your gut
Karen Brimeyer is a nutritionist, functional medicine practitioner, and health consultant. She has helped over a hundred personal clients heal their leaky gut, digestive problems, lose weight, and resolve their chronic symptoms and conditions.
She is the owner of Optimal Self-Healing in Tampa Bay Florida, a private nutrition and health consultation business and author of the Leaky Gut Cure program.
Karen has worked with a wide variety of populations from new moms to athletes overcome their health problems and achieve optimal health.
Karen found her passion for nutrition as a teenager. While striving to achieve optimal health by following the widely accepted diet and nutrition tips of the media and conventional medicine, she found her own health declining rapidly with the development leaky gut which led to digestive problems and chronic fatigue.
Unwilling to accept her situation, she set out to determine the truth about health which led her through her own research as well as studying and working with some of the best holistic doctors and holistic practitioners in the fields of nutrition, functional medicine, and life coaching.
She has since applied her knowledge with herself to overcome her own leaky gut and achieve an unprecedented level of health and wellbeing. Her happy and healthy pregnancy and now two-year old son, TJ, are a testament to the health she has achieved.
To find out more about this program, click on Leaky Gut Cure
19 Replies to “6 Reasons Why High Fructose Corn Syrup is Bad for Your Gut Health”