Relieving Fibromyalgia Symptoms – Pregnancy and Fibromyalgia
Not many people know about the effect of fibromyalgia during pregnancy. In fact, there seems to be contradictory facts between researchers and doctors as to the results of pregnancy on the syndrome. It is generally considered that more fibromyalgia research must be carried out in order to get an accurate concept of what happens to fibromyalgia disorder during pregnancy.
In 1997, a study on fibromyalgia and pregnancy was conducted in Norway. A very few numbers of pregnant women were involved in this research, some with fibromyalgia and some without. The study found that a vast number of those pregnant women while suffering from fibromyalgia reported a radical boost in the sternness of their symptoms. The third trimester was by far the most difficult during their pregnancy phase, with symptoms increasing frequently.
Most of the women in the study said that their symptoms stay on more severe than normal until about three months after they had delivered. They also had a more frequency of post-partum depression. On a positive note, the babies born to fibromyalgia-affected women were all healthy, with normal weight and without any deformities.
Many health physicians however, oppose the concept that pregnancy makes fibromyalgia worse. Doctors who treat fibromyalgia patients actually disagree that pregnancy helps to reduce and even eradicate the symptoms caused by fibromyalgia.
According to the reports many pregnant women felt better after their initial vomiting and morning sickness. It is hypothesized that this could be due to the ovarian hormone relaxin. During pregnancy, the quantity of relaxin in a woman’s body raise up to 10 times. It has also been established that relaxin supplements help to relieve symptoms in many women with fibromyalgia.
- Women should try to plan her pregnancy at least a year ahead of time, so that the lost strength can be build-up.
Women should reduce the stress of their life as much as possible.
They should conceive when the symptoms are comparatively less severe. Conceiving should be avoided during a higher symptom.
Regular consultation with doctors is highly recommended.
Relieving Fibromyalgia Symptoms – Symptoms and Related Syndromes of Fibromyalgia
- Pain- In fibromyalgia, patients suffer from acute and stabbing pain in muscle joints. The tendons, soft fibres, ligaments and cartilages are massively affected by fibromyalgia. Patients feel hour longed stiffed joints in the morning. Patients often experience cramps and burning sensation in body.
- Fatigue- Fatigue means lack of energy and lethargic. Patients lose their working power. They experience tiredness in their arms and legs. Sometimes the sufferers feel that their heir arms and legs are tied with concrete blocks. They can hardly move their hands and legs. A strange drowsiness is always imposed on their mind and they cannot concentrate on any topic. People lose their thinking power; this situation is called “brain fog”.
- Sleeping disorder- The fibromyalgia patients have some sleeping disorder as well. It is revealed in a lab test that those people fall asleep much more easily, but their sleeping depth is not so high; that means their sleep is not very deep. They can often awake from their sleep as they are constantly interrupted by some bursts, which lead to an awake-like brain activity.
It is not always essential to go through a lab test to determine the sleeping disorder. If someone often awakes from sleep and have an unrefreshed sleep, then it can be said that he is having some sleeping disorder. The fibromyalgia patients often see some terrible dreams in sleep. Moreover, they experience some other sleeping disorders like breathing problems, teeth grinding, jerking of limbs etc.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome– 70% of fibromyalgia patients have this syndrome. Patients have several disorders in their bowel; such as abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhoea, abdominal gas, gastroenteritis. They also have some indigestion problem. Some patients even cannot digest simple foods like rice, milk etc.
- Chronic Headache- 80% of patients suffer from migraine or tension-type headaches, which are the most irritating syndromes of this disease.
- Women often suffer from some feminine problems such as premenstrual syndromes, painful periods, and dizziness. Hormonal fluctuations in the menopausal states are noticed.
- Patients become very sensitive to bright light, high power medicines, loud noise, aromas etc. They have black spots under the eyes. They also suffer from dry eyes and mouth as well.
For more ideas on relieving fibromyalgia symptoms, watch this video – What is fibromyalgia and how is it treated?
This article is from the Get Your Health Back – Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Freedom. It consists of a strategy filled with guides on sleep, pain, depression, anxiety, diet, exercise and fitness plans, diet plans and packed with 369 healthy and delicious recipes
To find out more about this program, visit the website – Get Your Health Back – Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Freedom