HOW TO GET YOUR BENCH PRESS UP BY “CLIMBING THE MOUNTAIN”?
This training protocol is designed to increase your bench press…slowly, but surely.
I like this method because slow and steady wins the race, plus it’s modelled from Louis Simmons @ Westside Barbell. And in the strength training world, there’s no one better than Louis. I call this “climbing the mountain” because increasing your bench press in this way utilizes a steady climbing strategy.
How to Increase Bench Press?
- Bench with extra-wide grip, one inch outside of the rings
- Do a six rep max week after week, until you can’t climb any higher in weight
- Increase reps to eight reps until you can’t climb any higher in weight
- Increase reps to ten reps until you can’t climb any higher in weight
- Return to six reps and climb until you have a new record with six reps, then eight, and so on
Bench Press Recommendations:
- Warm-up with 3-4 sets with very light weight
- Press the bar straight up, not over your face
- Three days minimum apart for recovery, I personally go 6-7 days
- If you are going to bench big, you need to get bigger
- Five minutes between sets to fully recover
- Infuse incline bench and dumbbell work to accelerate your results
- Pay attention to upper back, rear and side delt work, and hammer curls
- Train triceps hard and every way possible, 75% of your bench comes from triceps
Speaking of Training Triceps…
Try these 2 tricep exercises that will greatly help your efforts in increasing your bench press.
1. Laying extensions with a straight or EZ curl bar, and try all of these variations (total of 60 reps with heavy weight):
- Bar to forehead
- Bar to nose
- Bar touching chest
- Bar to throat (most demanding on the elbows, but very effective)
Chris Willitts (creator of V3), is the founder and owner of Vegetarian Bodybuilding.
V3 Vegetarian Bodybuilding System is a mixture of science and author’s advice, providing users with optimal diet and exercise. This system is designed for vegans and vegetarians only.
A lot of research has been put in this program. Furthermore, a lot of professional bodybuilders and athletes tried and tested the program, praising its progressiveness and efficiency.
The program is about taking control of your own body and health according to your potential and needs. And worry not; you’ll get plenty of proteins with this system. It will boost you with energy, and you’ll feel just a strong as any carnivore would (perhaps even stronger, depending on how much you invest in your exercise). It avoids vitamins deficiency and provides you with a lot of proteins, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Instead of saying things like “I think a plant-based diet is good for athletes and bodybuilders,” the V3 Vegetarian Bodybuilding System claims “I know a plant-based diet is good for athletes and bodybuilders, and I have results to prove it.”
To find out more, visit the website at V3 Bodybuilding – How to Bench Press to Gain Muscle