Danger of Using Non-Natural Techniques to Whiten Teeth: Chemical Burns
Whether you use a DIY kit or have teeth whitening done at the dentist if you use a product or have a treatment done that doesn’t use natural elements to whiten teeth you could get hurt.
Many products that aren’t naturally based use harsh chemicals that can destroy the surface of your teeth, ruin the enamel of the tooth, or even cause nasty chemical burns on the gums. Chemical burns on the gums can take weeks to heal and they are very painful.
The teeth whitening kits that you can buy in stores to whiten teeth are notorious for causing chemical burns and the loss of tooth enamel. Because these kits are made to be one size fits all they often don’t fit right.
When the tray or the strip doesn’t fit your teeth exactly right there is a bigger risk that you will get some of the toxic tooth whitening solution on your gums which will cause burns.
And the more you use these DIY kits to whiten teeth the more damage will be done. Over time these kits strip the enamel from the teeth which can weaken the tooth and cause discoloration or even tooth loss.
Professional Whitening Treatments
Professional whitening treatments to whiten teeth aren’t much safer than DIY kits. If the dentist performing the treatment hasn’t had enough training using a laser during light-accelerated whitening the laser could damage your teeth.
If the gel or other whitening agents aren’t put on carefully or; if the safety shield for your gums slips or; isn’t applied correctly you could end up with serious chemical burns on your gums.
Everyone makes mistakes, so even experienced dentists can cause injuries when performing teeth whitening procedures. It’s safer to choose a natural tooth whitener that won’t cause chemical burns, tooth loss or other problems when you want to whiten your teeth.
Non-natural Teeth Bleaching Methods to Whiten Teeth Cause Gum Irritation
Gum irritation is a by-product of teeth whitening that is done incorrectly. This can happen when you use an at home bleaching kit or even when you visit a dentist for a cosmetic bleaching if the dentist isn’t paying close enough attention.
Gum irritation is quite common after teeth bleaching but most of the time the damage isn’t permanent. It is painful and ugly however, and it can take anywhere from a week to a month to heal depending on the severity of the irritation.
Why it Happens?
Gum irritation, burns, and blisters are all due to the bleaching gel used to whiten teeth coming in contact with the gums. When you use a DIY teeth bleaching kit the trays that the kit comes with are not made specifically for your mouth.
Because they are not custom made they won’t fit tightly enough to prevent the whitening gel from coming in contact with your gums. When you leave the gel on for a long period of time to whiten your teeth that gel will cause irritation and burning your gums at the same time.
When a dentist does a bleaching procedure to whiten teeth they usually take the time to fit the bleaching tray to your mouth to prevent gum irritation.
But sometimes the tray still isn’t tight enough, or the dentist gets some of the gel on the gums as well as on the teeth before a laser bleaching. The gel can turn the gums white and can cause blisters and burns that can make talking, eating or drinking very painful.
What to do About It
If you want to avoid the possibility of bleaching your teeth causing gum irritation don’t use at home bleaching kits that use chemical bleaching gels.
Applying Vitamin E to irritated or burned gums will help them heal faster. And when you want to whiten your teeth choose a natural teeth whitening product that won’t hurt your gums and will still give you bright white teeth.
Over Bleaching Harms Your Teeth and Gums
Many people who find themselves bleaching their teeth often with DIY kits or getting bleaching treatments from the dentist don’t realize the damage that they are doing to their teeth. In some cases the damage is permanent.
A lot of people who bleach their teeth using home kits made from gel trays and whitening strips don’t realize that those products aren’t meant to be used multiple times in a short time frame.
Just because bleaching kits are sold over the counter in drugstore that doesn’t mean they are safe to use on a regular basis to whiten teeth. They can cause very serious damage to your teeth.
Whiter Teeth BUT Damaged Teeth
Using teeth whitening kits over and over to whiten teeth will slowly strip the enamel off of your teeth. Once the enamel is gone the teeth will become stained very often because there will be no protective enamel left to cover the tooth.
As the enamel wears away the caustic chemicals in the kit can even damage the pulp of the tooth. Damaged pulp will cause pain and it can weaken the tooth and eventually cause tooth loss. A better way to whiten your teeth is to use natural cleansers that won’t wear away the enamel of your teeth.
Over bleaching your teeth can also cause serious gum damage. When the gums are exposed to the whitening gels in either at home bleaching kits or dentist given whitening treatments they can become irritated or red and raw.
If the bleaching gels sit on gums for just a few minutes they can be burned by the whitening gel. Burned gums can blister and become very painful, making it hard to eat and drink.
Your mouth will look terrible and hurt badly. Your gums could even become infected. Over bleaching is a problem that happens to many people who aren’t careful about what products they use to whiten their teeth.
Watch this Video – NATURAL TEETH WHITENING REMEDIES!
This article is based on the book, “Teeth Whitening 4 You” by Lucy Bennett, a dental health specialist who creates the Teeth Whitening 4 You program.
This is a revolutionary program in whitening teeth that will make sure you will get brighter and whiter teeth and have a natural and beautiful smile, improving your confidence each time in communication. It offers lots of natural and solutions you can use at home at a very low expense.
For more information on this program, CLICK HERE