Click HERE to Find Out How to Get Rid of Unsightly Varicose Veins Naturally and Permanently
A ruptured varicose vein can be a serious medical emergency that can put a patient at risk of death as a result of clotting that causes Deep Vein Thrombosis or blood loss.
The risk of this unfortunate complication of varicose veins is increased as we age, due to the fact that our skins get thinner so relatively minor bangs and scratches can result in a rupture because of the site of varicose veins close to the surface of the skin.
Ruptures can also occur spontaneously due to veins being overstretched as a result of excess pressure because of obesity or high blood pressure, or some other condition that cause the vein cell structure to weaken to the extent that the vein walls fail. In contrast to a normal vein, the pressure inside a varicose vein is much higher than is usual, so the risk of a serious, life threatening bleed is significantly higher.
This is particularly bad for people who are frail or and have an underlying medical condition so being aware of the dangers can be very useful should the need arise.
When a ruptured varicose vein occurs, there are some essential first aid tips that can prevent more severe consequences like bleeding out occurring:
- Apply pressure to the affected area to help the bleeding to stop, if possible, also try to ensure that the wound is properly cleaned in order to prevent secondary infections.
- Applying a cold compress can also be a way of assisting the clotting process.
- Lie down, raising the affected limb above heart level to help to reduce the pressure on the breached vein and in order to help clotting to start.
- If the patient takes blood thinning medications such as Wafarin and Aspirin, ensure that they get immediate medical attention as they are at much higher risk than a healthy person of bleeding to death.
- If the bleeding cannot be controlled, ensure that you call for an ambulance or attend your local accident and emergency department as a matter of urgency.
- If the patient suffers from varicose ulceration, it is also recommended that immediate medical attention is sought due to the advanced nature of their vascular problems.
It is probably best to advise anyone who has experienced a ruptured varicose vein that they consult their doctor to ensure that there are no complications that have arisen unawares even if you have been successful in bringing the bleeding to a stop.
It is also prudent to consult a doctor to determine whether surgery is required due to the increased risk of complications from unstable veins, especially if they also suffer from some other type of arterial condition like peripheral vascular disease.
This is due to the fact that in order to preserve overall physical health, mobility needs to be maintained in order to ensure a reasonable quality of life. The unfortunate outlook is that, left untreated, there is a strong chance that varicose veins can develop some serious complications so when they appear, it is a person’s best interests as a patient to follow some simple techniques to ensure that they do not get worse.
Watch this video about what you need to know about having ruptured varicose vein in leg – My Varicose Vein Story – All Your Questions Answered!
This post is from the Varicose Veins Secrets program created by Diane Thompson, a medical researcher and consultant who has over 20 years of experience in helping other people deal with their shoulder pain, shoulder stiffness and difficulty sleeping at night.
This program reveals to people secrets to get fresh and youthful-looking skin on their legs. The program also provides people with proven natural healing methods, and alternative herbal remedies that they can use to help them get rid of their varicose veins easily without any medication.
The program also teaches people how to use special aromatherapy technique to help the blood leave the legs and return to the heart, and how to reduce swelling while shrinking the blood vessels near the skin’s surface.
In addition, in this program, you will discover 3 herbal therapies to relieve your pain from your veins, 4 types of common homeopathic remedies to ease the pain and soreness that are worse from touch.
To find out more about this program, click on Varicose Veins Secrets